When the remaining teeth in an arch are failing or have already been lost, the All-on-Four protocol can be used to place implants and a full-arch of teeth on the same day.
These teeth are used for approximately 6 months during the healing phase, and are then replaced by the definitive bridgework.
How are All-on-4 Dental Implants different from dentures?
As opposed to dentures, All-On-Four dental implants are a permanent set of teeth that look and feel natural, which means:
- They are permanent teeth that look and feel like natural teeth
- They are stable, allowing you to bite with increased force – allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods once again
- No more discomfort, as they don’t press down on your gums like dentures do
- They allow you to taste and experience your food, as you no longer have to worry about slipping
- The presence of the implants in the jaw stimulates the bone, thus preventing further bone deterioration
- No more gagging
- No more nightly removal and cleaning
- No more messy, sticky adhesives!
John Moorhouse has been at the forefront of the development of this technique and has helped Nobel-Biocare Implant Manufacturer improve the procedure.
Meet John Moorhouse
(Below photos courtesy of John Moorhouse)