- Do you have a clicky jaw?
- Do you wake up feeling “hung-over”, but haven’t had a drink?
- Do you get pain at the temple region or behind the eyes?
- Do you wake-up with shoulder/ arm pain or numbness?
- Have you been for MRI scans, to see neurologists and several other specialists only to be told that all is normal and there is no cause for your headaches/ migraines?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may be clenching or grinding your teeth.
There can be several presentations of the cause; from headaches through to persistent gum-disease and tooth wear/ fractures. The diagnosis usually involves a simple “muscle deprogramming” appliance which is worn at night-time.
The follow-on treatment will usually involve further appliances tailored specifically to your particular bite/ jaw issue.
We have many years of experience in dealing with these kinds of problems and will treat your concerns seriously.